NILLA WAFERS AND VANILLA PUDDING DESSERT
My mother used to make this recipe for my brother and I. She would
use a 9-inch pie pan. My variation is basically a trifle dessert – a
British style where individual elements are layered on top of each
other in a goblet. We always had a rule in the family where we had
to save a serving of this for my dad, but sometimes my brother and
I wouldn’t and we’d get in so much trouble.
Bananas, peeled and chopped
3 cups milk
· Peel bananas and chop until wafer-thin.
· In large goblets, place individual Nilla wafers, round side facing outwards, until the bottom and sides are covered (about 6 wafers per cup).
· Add bananas into the middle of each cup.
· In a large mixing bowl, whisk together instant pudding package, milk and cream.
· Top the Nilla wafers and the bananas with the pudding.