I used a food mill for this recipe but you could also place the pears in
a large blender, food processor or potato ricer.
2 cups sugar (raw or super-fine)
2 cups water
25oz prepared pear halves, in syrup or poached
1 cup champagne
· In a medium stock pot, mix 2 cups sugar with 2 cups water. Place pot over medium heat, stirring constantly. You want to make sure that the syrup doesn’t boil, but do make sure that the sugar dissolves completely.
· Remove sugar water from heat and let it cool. This is now our simple syrup.
· Place pears a large food mill. Purée into a large bowl.
· Pour simple syrup into the bowl and mix.
· Add champagne and mix.
· Place a 9 x 12 baking pan in your freezer. Pour the sorbet into the pan while it’s in your freezer. Every hour, you have to break up the sorbet with a fork or else it will freeze solid.