SEVEN SINS-ZIN BREAD PUDDING
This is just like your grandma's bread pudding
1 quart half and half
2 cups milk
1 cup fine sugar
6 oz. marinated dried cherries
1/2 cup zinfandel wine
1 vanilla pound cake, sliced
1/2 lb. shaved, sweetened chocolate
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees
· In a bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, milk and sugar, making sure everything is combined thoroughly.
· Add cherries and zinfandel. Then mix again thoroughly.
· Place individual half-slices of pound cake into ramekins. Ladle the pudding individually into each ramekin, evenly distributing the cherries, and until ¾ of the way full.
· On a chopping block, shave chocolate. Place one to two tablespoons into each ramekin.
· Heat in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden-brown.
· Top with a shake of powdered sugar or cocoa.